Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team to support our government clients. This is a remote role, the candidate can be located anywhere in the United States. The successful applicant needs to have extensive working knowledge implementing, migrating and managing operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment. This applicant will have subject matter expertise with Microsoft Azure with a deep knowledge of cloud technologies and have the ability to align technology solutions to specific business objectives.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to apply and grow their skillset and work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS' capabilities by serving our clients.
As an Sr. Azure Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Support Federal Government clients in their cloud operations to enhance, optimize, and maintain their computing capabilities across their technical landscape.
- Interview clients' to understand application and infrastructure current state.
- Lead clients' working sessions to identify, categorize, prioritize and analyze data and information to work into cloud migration action plans.
- Work with the larger project teams to migrate legacy applications to their cloud platform.
- Manage cloud infrastructure from the portal, PowerShell, or using the CLI.
- Utilize automation tool such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, configuring and monitoring solutions in Azure for Windows and Linux servers.
- Maintain gold images/scripts.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain Government Security Clearance (Public Trust -High-Risk).
- Minimum of8 Years of IT work experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline)
- Hands on experience with Azure (must have used the portal or used CLI, and API's).
- Experience actively implementing cloud solutions and using Azure services.
- High proficiency in written and oral communication for conveyance of cloud solution work products. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Nice to have skills/Qualifications
- Azure Certification.
- DevOps and/or Micro-services experience with at least one technology including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Container Service etc.
- Computer Science, or Engineering degree.
- Previous Federal Government experience.
- Experience with FedRamp environments.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us atwww.capgemini-gs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)