Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Director of Medical Management will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of new Medical Management offerings focused on improving integration of physical and behavioral health. Integration activities extend to utilization management (UM), concurrent review (CCR), case management (CM), disease management (DM), population health, and community resources to help our clients attain optimal outcome and improve the quality of care while reducing overall costs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the development and implementation of innovative and strategic consulting offerings designed to accelerate excellent medical and behavioral outcomes while obtaining optimal financial results for our clients
- Drive strategy, direction and goals for the medical management consulting practice with an eye toward behavioral health quality of service delivery and process improvement
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for behavioral health operations and medical management operational areas while contributing to interpretation and guidance for new and emerging rules and regulations at both the state and federal level
- Partners with other consulting practice leaders to drive business development efforts and execute on client engagements
- Lead complex project teams that consistently deliver excellence and optimal results for our clients
- Participate and support sales efforts to include development of sales materials, proposals, and presenting to clients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree - RN, BSN, LSW, LCSW, or similar licensure with a focus in Behavioral Health
- 10+ years of Clinical experience in Medical Management operational areas across Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid lines of business and knowledge of regulatory oversight and accreditation standards
- 7+ years in behavioral / clinical operations and oversight and governance of clinical and licensed teams
- Experience with leading data driven performance improvement initiatives
- Up to 50% travel nationwide when safe
- Consulting / account management experience
- Experience leading data driven performance improvement initiatives
- Experience with clinical accreditation activities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Director, Medical Management Behavioral Health, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH