Job Summary (External):
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The Sr Mrg, Workforce Ops and RT Mgmt manages/directs workforce management (WFM) resources and collaboratively develops and implement plans with operations to optimize staffing, capacity and productivity to achieve Apria’s business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for core workforce management functions, including trend analysis, staff and hiring planning, employee scheduling, and real time management. This position will support up to 3,000 associates across North America.
- Based on current call volume and staffing levels, manage/monitor Customer Care Center Schedule to maintain appropriate phone and back office coverage during peak call times, breaks and lunches.
- Manages/directs workforce management (WFM) resources and collaboratively develops and implement plans with operations to optimize staffing, capacity and productivity to achieve Apria’s business objectives.
- Responsible for collaborating with Operations on contact routing strategies and implementing routing to meet Apria performance objectives.
- Responsible for collaborating with Operations on a triggers and lever real time management program that delivers on operational objectives at the agent and queue level.
- Responsible for effectively using WFM technology and processes to calculate staffing requirements and organize schedules for the contact center operations.
- Regularly conduct and participate in meetings to communicate production activities and results and work with management stakeholders to identify and/or resolve production and staffing capacity issues.
- Monitor operation’s frontline behaviors, efficiency and availability for use in planning and report deficiencies and opportunities to operations and management team
- Compile data and review to ensure appropriate phone coverage has been achieved.
- Uses telephone system tools (Automatic Call Distribution System and reporting) to confirm that adequate staffing resources are available to answer inbound phone calls, ensure outbound phone calls are performed efficiently, all of which will ensure adequate response time is met per the Customer Service performance standards.
- Supports multiple Service Partner workforce management functions including forecasting, staffing, capacity, scheduling, onboarding and planning activities.
- Represents Workforce Management on high level projects and initiatives, this includes delegating department work stream tasks and overseeing through to completion.
- Creates and implements processes to improve efficiencies within the Workforce Management department and Customer Service organization as a whole.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position manages all subordinate employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management, hiring, and discipline of subordinate employees within the department.
Minimum Required Qualifications (External):
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor Degree is required
- At least ten years related experience in a Workforce Management role and previous management experience.
- Experience in a real time management role with knowledge of how to change routing and agent behaviors to meet service level requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management (Budgeting)
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to engage with leadership across all levels
- Ability to fully articulate and translate operational business requirements to teams who only have a technical knowledge of IT systems.
- Must be able to work independently, handle several activities simultaneously and be able to resolve problems using an analytical approach.
- Advance skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- College level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (only include Preferred Qualifications if needed)
Education and/or Experience
- Master Degree Preferred
- NICE/IEX experience a plus.
- Experience with multi-site call center operations desirable
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. Employees in this position must be physically able to efficiently perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position, upon request.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to moderate noise.
Occasional travel as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position.
Comprehensive benefits package offered for eligible employees:
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings Accounts
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available immediately)
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet