Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: 4.23 This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you have great managerial skills and enjoy driving? If you also have a natural ability for working with people and supporting them as they strive to become their best selves, this Senior Transportation Officer position is meant for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for dedicated people to add to our growing team.
Join a Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained. Your tasks include:
- Assisting management when unique or unexpected problems arise while transporting detainees (help develop effective and efficient solutions).
- Reviewing all vehicle inspection reports, developing summaries for Transportation management.
- Ensuring that all permits and licenses for assigned vehicles are in order.
- Ensuring vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip and notifying the Transportation management if there are problems.
- Properly tracking DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
- Participating in interviewing and screening of applicant Transport Officers.
- Reviewing all necessary paperwork, ensuring that all reports are turned into the Transportation management according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety measures while transporting detainees.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!