Staff Accountant -
About the Company & Opportunity
- Our client is a fast-paced technology company is looking to add a sharp Staff Accountant to their team.
- The Staff Accountant position is currently a fully remote position.
- Teamwork, collaboration and innovation are highly valued
- Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401k w/ match & PTO
Primary responsibilities for the Staff Accountant:
- The Staff Accountant will report to the Finance Director and work with one other accountant in the department.
- accounts payable and accounts receivable
- bank reconciliations
- general ledger work
- month-end close
- assist with audit prep
- write processes and procedures
- assist with financial reporting
- assist with system conversion and integrating a newly acquired company
- other accounting duties as needed
- The Staff Accountant will also handle various ad hoc projects as assigned by the Controller
Ideal skills and experience for Staff Accountant candidates:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is a plus
- 3 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Intermediate Excel skills, including macros, V-LOOKUP & pivot tables
- Comfortable learning new systems (the company just converted to Financial Edge)
- Comfortable with Google Sheets and Excel (pivot tables are a plus!)
- Likes to problem solve and can work independently
Other information about the Staff Accountant Specialist role:
Hours for Staff Accountant are Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 5:00 (with some flexibility)
Work environment is business-casual
Local Staff Accountant candidates only, please!
Staff Accountant candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check