Help shape the future of 9Health:365, a Colorado institution.
For more than 41 years we have been known for our health fairs across the state; in fact, we are the country's biggest organizer of nonprofit health fairs. In 2020, we diversified beyond health fairs for the first time in our history and this year we are expanding our reach and impact with a new digital health product, 365: Comprehensive, that puts preventive care within reach of everyone.
Combining text-based telehealth, a blood chemistry screening and health advice, our solution offers an accessible, affordable preventive health care option and is particularly valuable to underinsured and uninsured populations.
As a community-focused nonprofit, it's our mission to promote widespread access to and adoption of preventive health care. To that end, we seek partnerships with like-minded organizations that want to improve the health of their members, employees, and clients. At only $99 per person per year, 365: Comprehensive is ideal for:
- Community-based organizations that want to help their populations stay healthy, without long waits for appointments and other hassles
- Small businesses searching for an affordable health solution
- Associations looking for a high-value, low-cost member benefit
- City governments struggling to attract and retain workers
Current customers include a large nonprofit providing transitional housing and vocational services; small service and manufacturing businesses; and associations. To accelerate our reach into the community we need a seasoned business development professional who can identify, engage, and enroll partners for our unique health solution.
The Business Development Specialist will work with our CEO and his leadership team, the Digital Programs Director, and our Marketing team to drive growth by identifying and engaging with groups aligned with our mission to make preventive health care accessible and affordable to all. This is not a traditional sales position, but the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying new group customers, developing the group as a prospective buyer, and closing sales.
- Define and help identify ideal target customers and partners.
- Assist in defining and setting our monthly member goals.
- Help us define our go to market strategy to reach goals.
- Provide feedback from prospects and help iterate the value proposition.
- Develop leads and close group sales.
If you are a mission-driven person motivated to expand access to preventive health and primary care among underserved communities, let's talk
- Familiarity with the needs and challenges of small businesses, trade associations, government agencies, unions, and/or other community-based organizations
- Passionate about preventive health and access to affordable health care
- Comfortable in a sales role, but driven by a desire to provide people with solutions not just meet a sales target or close a deal
- High energy, can-do attitude
- Community service orientation
- Persuasive communication skills and ease with public speaking
- Creative problem-solver
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative; no "lone wolves"
- Spanish speaking
- Personable, humble, trusting
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Contacts ready for outreach in at least one or two of our target "verticals" (rural counties, food & beverage, education, other small business sectors, municipal governments)
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Colorado
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.