15% Reviews all requests for establishing new and existing international vendors which includes, ensuring all appropriate IRS forms are completed, i.e. W-8, or W-8BEN. Glacier software expert. Exercises and maintains Glacier software for international tax compliance. This includes working with HR and Payroll for employee completion. Ensures all international employees are tax appropriately. Reviews Hotel sales and use tax returns performed by third party.
Receives notifications of all “hits” for sanctioned and debarred and researches for compliance. Maintains all business and tax licenses. Reconciles and records common app and parchment wires. Reconciles and manages deferred revenue acct 2500.
15% Prepares and submits quarterly sales and use tax returns for the University. Monthly review of all revenue transactions as well as all deposits against expense accounts. Reconciles and corrects entries to the tax liability accounts. Responsible for reviewing and updating the sales tax rate and taxation law changes. Provides approval of departmental coding for all new electronic store front setups. Ensures sales tax licenses are maintained and current.
15% Reviews, prepares and submits all the University’s IRS 1099 forms and reports to all appropriate regulatory bodies. In relation to issuing the 1099s monthly reviews are conducted on accounts payable payments to ensure vendors and payments are coded correctly, while making changes when necessary. Additionally, manual tracking is required of all gifts to ensure all necessary 1099s are issued. Ensures that 1099 reporting is accurate and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Recommends and implements additional procedures as needed for compliance.
10% Prepares and submits the University’s Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) returns, which includes working with various campus departments ensuring activity is properly recorded and determining where the financial responsibility resides.
10% Monitoring foreign payees as they relate to non-resident aliens as vendors, employees, and grant and scholarship recipients. Examination and review of payments is required to ensure proper withholding tax for federal and local agencies. Preparation and submission of all 1042s as tax is withheld. Annual filing of withholding tax return for U.S. source income of foreign persons, Form 1042 & 1042T are required. Continued monitoring of new IRS regulations required.
10% Tax Compliance Accountant reviews all University deposits against expense accounts and provides approval. Also provides approval of FOAPALs for all new eMarket setups.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field or the equivalent education and related Accounting experience (one year of education is equivalent to two years of related Accounting experience).
- Two years experience working an accounting environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance system or related financial database system.
- Experience in accounting and reconciliation.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience filing IRS forms needed to maintain compliance for reporting in the tax area e.g. Form 990T, 1042, 1099-Misc, etc.
- Experience researching and analyzing data and information to guide decisions, policies and /or procedures to maintain compliance with governmental agencies i.e. payments to foreign vendors, employees and scholarship recipients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience conducting training or workshops.
- Experience with preparing and submitting sales tax returns, and doing tax research.
- Experience writing detailed policies and procedures.
Posting date 07/29/2022