Are you looking for a fulfilling career where you will make an impact on students and our future? If you are looking for a career that draws and expands on your communication, leadership, and collaborative abilities, consider teaching. As a teacher, you’ll be stimulated intellectually, challenged professionally, and develop leadership skills that will take you wherever you want to go.
There are many pathways to becoming a teacher and TEACH is here to help you navigate the landscape. You may even be able to start your teaching career and earn a salary while getting your teaching license.
TEACH Colorado’s mission is to help people explore the teaching profession, learn how to earn a teaching license, and find their path to the classroom.
- Leadership: Lead entire classes in learning the fundamentals of math, world issues, writing and so much more. Or lead your fellow teachers in a development session. Teaching is leading.
- Creative problem-solving: How do you engage students in hard-to-understand concepts? How do you create “aha” moments with a group of kids? As a teacher, you’ll use your creative problem-solving abilities to engage and produce rich discussions in your class.
- Communication skills: We all learn differently. As a teacher, you must sharpen your communication skills daily to ensure you’re having an impact on your students’ learning.
- Teamwork: Work with other teachers to develop lesson plans or develop new teaching methods that can be used across subjects and classrooms.
- Professional Development: Move into advanced teacher roles, get licensed to teach other subjects, become a school or district leader or work on education policy. There are many ways you can grow your career..
- Health: As a public-school teacher, you can expect comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family.
- Retirement: In Colorado, if you’ve put in 30 years of in-state service as a teacher, you can retire with a full pension at age 65. You can also retire earlier and with less time, and still receive partial benefits.
- Vacation: Teachers get summer breaks as well as spring and winter breaks, national holidays, and paid personal and sick days during the school year.
- Job security: Teachers are in high demand across Colorado, especially in high-need subject areas such as special education, STEM and rural education, and the number of teaching opportunities is projected to grow in the coming years.
- More than just a job: As a teacher, you will connect with kids who have so much potential to shape the future of our country.
How to Apply:
Visit: https://ontch.org/hbcucc to access free and personalized support as well as scholarship opportunities to pursue the teaching profession.
Choosing the right profession is a big deal and TEACH is here to provide you with free, personalized resources to help you determine if teaching is a fit. If it’s right for you, we’ll help you earn your teaching credentials.
YourMembership. Keywords: Health Teacher, Location: Broomfield, CO - 80023