Teacher's Aides and Lead Teachers
- Basic childcare needs (diapering, feeding, meal prep, naps, etc)
- Scheduling and lesson planning (for a mixed-age group)
- Leading activities (crafts, games, experiments)
- Teaching early reading and math skills
- Participating in field trips twice a week (keep kids safe and accounted for, make outings interesting and fun)
- Keeping the childcare environment clean and prepared
- Good work ethic, operate with integrity, enjoy working with children, enjoy the outdoors, have a fun, energetic, creative, and patient personality.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the group care of children
- Licensing Training will be provided online through PDIS (Colorado’s Childcare Training Website), and Teacher’s Assistant must be willing to put in the hours (paid) necessary to complete this training
- An in-person CPR class, fingerprinting and background check will also be required and reimbursed
- Additional training hours may be required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
More About Us:
Sojournings is currently a licensed in-home family daycare provider for up to 12 kids (ages 1-6). We are in the process of expanding our offerings to include preK-3 (in various locations). We are a Christian School with an emphasis on walking with Jesus throughout our day, providing families with a fun, safe and creative space for their kids to learn and grow. It is our vision to develop a community that is rooted in prayer and knowing Jesus as savior, friend, and teacher as we pursue excellence in our relationships, academics, work, and play. Our teaching style is a combination of Montessori, Waldorf, and Wildschooling with a lot of outdoor time year round. Our learning takes place primarily through hands-on experiences and child-led play, along with familiar routines throughout each day and season.
Check out Sojournings Academy on Instagram for pictures of what we do.