Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Instructional Designer will perform training activities and gap analyses and in collaboration with Project and Program Managers delivering Information Technology projects related to Mergers and Acquisitions. They will work directly with the Integration team and the business to train on Optum Technology processes and procedures. This position will be responsible for coordinating the program development which may include close coordination with senior leadership, subject matter experts, content delivery trainers and developers/designers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work directly with business teams as they are brought into Optum/UHC/UHG on processes and procedures
- Align with Technical Program Managers throughout the integration to support business team learning
- Design and develop training assets including learning presentations (PPTs), job learning guides, and both instructor and learning manuals that support virtual training experiences
- Develop and conduct needs analysis to determine training needs and program requirements
- Develop and utilize a training curriculum plan to create, maintain and manage the development of course content and/or a training program. This may include developing timelines, managing content developers, managing deadlines, content and documentation storage and resource allocation
- Contribute to the research, creation, editing, and publication of content
- Utilize instructional design concepts and principles to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content
- Evaluate content to ensure learning objectives are appropriate to the audience
- Monitors program effectiveness and appropriately recommend improvements to existing content
- Manage training activities from inception and design phase to delivery and maintenance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Healthcare, Business, Communication, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline
- 5+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated experience with project management or planning skills or similar experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience managing learning programs, curriculum development, or training
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and/or significant complex projects
- 3+ years demonstrated experience working with industry standards for Training and Development
- 3+ years of experience working within healthcare
- Solid Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel skills related to content development and planning
- Proven ability to produce high quality work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of training and of current educational trends in curriculum and instruction
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with best practices in curriculum, assessment, and instruction
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Experience presenting to and/or facilitating conversations with executive level audience
- Experience working in health care industry
- Experience with multimedia production such as training productions, training videos, and voice recording
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer care
- Must be self-motivator and self-starter
- Focus on quality and customer service with exceptional listening and analytical skills
- Must be able to effectively deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Creative ability and writing proficiency
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to understand complex systems and processes, assess training needs, and develop appropriate training
- Ability to present complex, nuanced information clearly; communicates well with an educated, technical workforce; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Sound grasp of instructional design; ability to apply instructional design principles within a performance environment
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technical Trainer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote