BRUCE RANDOLPH SCHOOL MS
Traditional 186 work days per year
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule athttp://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/. A person serving in the hybrid Teacher / Senior Team Lead role will receive an annual stipend of $5,500 on top of their teacher salary.
About this job:
The goal of a Senior Team Lead is to build the instructional capacity of a team of teachers, developing a team culture of continuous learning that maximizes staff and student morale and performance. Through distributive leadership structures in schools, Senior Team Leads, in collaboration with the rest of the Instructional Leadership Team, increase opportunities for feedback and growth from content experts to drive increased student achievement, while building their own capacity as leaders.
As members of the Instructional Leadership Team, Senior Team Leads play critical roles in helping schools reach their student goals. Senior Team Leads spend part of the day providing high-quality instruction in their own classroom as a teacher, and part of the day developing a team of teachers' ability to deliver rigorous, culturally responsive instruction that leads to high academic achievement. As an expert in their content area, Senior Team Leads facilitate collaborative team time, provide 1-on-1 observation and coaching to their peers, and oversee the end-to-end LEAP growth and performance evaluation for each teacher on their team. See here for full role description.
What You'll Do:
* Spend part of the day providing high-quality instruction in your own classroom as a teacher.
* Spend the rest of the day developing a team of teachers' ability to deliver joyful, rigorous and personalized instruction that leads to high academic achievement as an expert in their content area.
* Facilitate collaborative team time.
* Provide 1-on-1 observation and coaching to your peers, and facilitate the end-to-end LEAP growth and performance evaluation for each teacher on your team, including hosting midyear and end-of-year conversations.
* Contribute to a year-long professional development plan and provide whole staff professional learning (when relevant) in your area(s) of expertise.
* Collaborate with School Leaders and Team Specialists to align teacher supports to advancement of school-wide instructional priorities.
We are excited about you because you will:
* Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Education or in the subject areas for which you are applying. A Master's Degree is only required for Concurrent Enrollment positions.
* Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching license. Click here for additional information regarding specific requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas. DPS does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days.
* At least two (2) years of demonstrated teacher effectiveness through effective or equivalent end-of-year ratings through the LEAP growth and performance system, or a comparable, multiple measure, growth and performance system.
* Demonstrate essential skills for this role outlined in the Teacher Leader Scope and Sequence.
* Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
* Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
* Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demands of the position.
What DPS Offers You:
* A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
* Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan, click here for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule. An individual who holds this Senior Team Lead position will receive an additional $5,500 annual stipend on top of their teacher salary.
* DPS Total Rewards includes time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.