Job ID: 311987
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Transportation Manager role with us isn’t just a job - it’s a career opportunity with a great company. And we want our Managers to be just that- Managers. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better. We will give you what you need to do your job, and you will get to make an impact, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who is passionate about making a difference in our organization. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Schedule trucks for delivery and to keep Company in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Supervise drivers, Fleet maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise drivers, and ensure drivers and vehicles remain in compliance with DOT regulations
• Conduct driver training and meetings as required
• Schedule the work effort of the company drivers
• Prepare daily delivery schedules and bill of ladings for drivers
• Inspect loads for load securement prior to dispatch
• Review customer's proof of deliveries for breakage and back orders and coordinate with Production Department for reorders
• Check quality of goods that may have been rejected during shipment
• Review all drivers' logs, inspection reports, and trip records daily. Prepare trip records and fuel tax reports as needed.
• Schedule, qualify, and prepare paperwork for common carrier shipments
• Oversee maintenance program for company vehicles
• Ensure compliance with all DOT and Company policies and procedures such as accident investigation and drug and alcohol testing
• Ensure all driver qualification files meet DOT requirements, including driver road tests
• Audit driver logs to ensure drivers are compliant with hours of service regulations
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Transportation Manager position, the following conditions must be met:
• Two years managing DOT-regulated drivers and scheduling transportation required
• Working knowledge of DOT regulations required
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work activities and deliveries required
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to read and use tape measurer required
• Basic computer familiarity required
• Good verbal & written communications skills and math aptitude
• Ability to communicate and work with customers and drivers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
• Experience in glass industry preferred
• CDL (unexpired) preferred
Salary range is $65K-$80K, depending on experience.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.