Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Salary: $27.00 /hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.23 /hr. This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations.
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed information, both verbally and written, to requesting authorities.
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when ready.
- Performs other duties as assigned.