At UCHealth, we do things differentlyWe believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job- It's a passion.
NEW WAGE INCREASE! $55.00/hour!
RN Traveler - Neurosciences Unit - University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, COProvides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
The Neuroscience Unit is a 36-bed unit specializing in the complex care of both neurosurgical and neurological patients. We have four major service lines: General Neurology, Neurology Epilepsy, Neurology Stroke and Neurosurgery. UCHealth is a Comprehensive Stroke Center, so our unit provides care for highly complex stroke cases from around the region. We have the experience and expertise to care for patients with large ischemic strokes, intracerebral hemorrhage and subarachnoid hemorrhages. All of our nurses are NIH Certified to care for this specific patient population. Our neurosurgical population consists of patients with a variety of brain and spine tumors, aneurysms, DBS placement for Parkinson's patients and a wide array of spinal surgeries. We are a Level 4 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. Our patients are admitted to our EMU to provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to patients with uncontrolled seizures. Our nurses receive special training in order to safely care for the epileptic patients. As an academic medical center, we embrace a multidisciplinary, collaborative commitment to excellence in patient care and advanced professional practice through:
• Achievement of specialty certification: Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN) and Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN).
• Our shared governance structure with unit-based committees offers opportunities to share talents and professional growth.
• Our UEXCEL program provides opportunities for clinical advancement that permits registered nurse career progression, while encouraging the nurse to remain in a clinical position delivering direct patient care.
The typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:4 (days) and 1:5 (nights).
As a UCHealth RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler you must NOT be a current employee, and you must live more than 75 miles away from the facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth RN Travelers also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing.
Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
Skills and Abilities:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program if less than three (3) years' experience.
- 6 months nursing experience (in an inpatient acute hospital setting)
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and any relevant unit specific certification requirement.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
• Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
• Two years travel RN experience
• NIHSS preferred
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
This position's pay is: $55.00/hour + travel stipend/package. An annual bonus may be paid to eligible employees based upon organizational and individual performance.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.