Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
The West Coast (WC) System Finance Manager role is a leadership position in local system management. Key aspects of the role:
* Manage the areas of Financial Planning & Analysis and Decision Support for the West Coast
* Drive the annual plan and forecast process for the WC and coordinate between local and regional teams
* Manage tracking of consultant capacity planning, investments, and cost management
* Lead decision support by bringing thoughtful solutions to data requests
* Be thought partner to West Coast leadership including Finance Director, System Lead, Office Leaders, and local office Business Management Directors.
* Manage and coach a local Finance team.
* Help drive regional and global finance initiatives
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world's best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible-and unlocking your potential to advance the world.BST is the operational heart of our business and is invaluable to our success. Roles such as finance, human resources, risk, and IT, help propel BCG forward. BST employees support the core of the organization and provide outstanding value to the business. As a BST member, you will work with inspiring, talented, dedicated, and curious colleagues in an energizing, fast-paced environment in which people are treated with respect and help one another to succeed. Working at BCG provides you with the opportunity to grow through interesting and challenging work and to have an active voice in your personal career development.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with MBA preferred, with 8+ years of experience ideal
* Managerial experience preferred
* Experience in a professional services environment a plus
* Proficient in Excel; experience with SAP Business Objects, HFM, Tableau, Power BI, or Alteryx a plus
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Provide leadership, establish trust and credibility amongst all levels
* Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff; displays customer service-oriented behavior
* Attention to detail, well organized and able to set priorities
* Strong analytical ability and ability to use data to tell a story
* Ability to work effectively under narrow time limitation to produce accurate result
* Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills, willingness to pitch in and help out wherever needed, and proven ability to cooperate with people at all levels and build positive, lasting relationships
* Ability to analyze and present data in a meaningful way
* Ability to respect all BCG information as personal and confidential
Financial Planning and Analysis
* Manage and model the entire West Coast planning process for plan and estimate submissions including revenue targets, pyramid/capacity modeling, compensation, and cost management
* Lead West Coast Talent Acquisition target tracking and be a liaison between local teams and regional recruiting/finance staff
* Coordinate pyramid analysis and communication between various WC groups (Talent Acquisition, Management Team, Business Management Directors, CDC)
* Lead the production and analysis for annual operational budgets and forecasts in accordance with regional and global guidelines, business trends and line management
* Lead generation of targets and reporting on costs for the WC system and look for opportunities to improve tracking
* Work closely with local system practice area heads and assist in their requests
* Improve processes continuously to bring new insights and efficiencies into planning and reporting
* Manage the West Coast decision support activity and its team members
* Bring solutions to complex data and information requests to assist system leadership in running the business
* Manage our West Coast investment targets and tracking process
* Execute, review, and develop key metrics of the business and make recommendations where needed to local leadership
* Lead various ad hoc and special projects as needed
* Drive financial content for WC Leadership meetings
* Contribute as an active member of the West Coast Management Team where you raise issues to team and engage in discussions on financial topics
* Liaison with groups and individuals outside of the West Coast to share knowledge, build working relationships, and drive regional and global initiatives
* Assist West Coast commercial finance team as needed
* Be a thought partner to the West Coast Finance Director
* Coach entire West Coast team as needed beyond just direct reports
BCG's West Coast office system is a fast-growing, multi-hundred-million-dollar business consisting of five offices: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Seattle, and San Diego. The West Coast Finance Team provides system leadership with analysis and reporting to make informed strategic decisions on running, growing, and improving the business. In addition, the team also provides exemplary finance decision support to several hundred staff in the West Coast region.
We also partner with colleagues across BCG's worldwide operations and the firm's corporate office. As a result, members of the team receive significant exposure to the overall business and develop networks and working relationships across the organization.